- Business Resources
- Commercial Account Executives
- Commercial Standby Power
- Dedicated Business Support Team
- Economic Development Incentive Program
- Landlord Agreement Program
- Natural Gas
- Power Conditioning Equipment
- Small Business Resources
- Tax Exemptions
- Telecom Services
Lighting Savings for Businesses
Try following the lighting tips below that can provide cost savings for your business for years to come.
- Turn off lights when not needed. For example, turning off fluorescent lights saves energy, extends overall lamp life and reduces replacement costs.
- When replacing old lighting equipment, evaluate new technologies that may need fewer fixtures and/or fewer lamps within existing fixtures. Save on the upfront costs with InvestSmart with JEA lighting rebates.
- Ensure that light levels will remain at adequate levels before changing out technologies and/or reducing number of lamps.
- Where practical, replace incandescent lamps with LEDs. Ensure you install compatible dimming technology if LEDs are used along with a dimming system.
- When fluorescent T-12 lamps burn out, consider retrofitting fixtures with T-8 lamps and changing from magnetic ballast to electronic.
- Replace incandescent "EXIT" signs with LED signs. LEDs use about one-tenth the wattage and last 50 times longer than incandescent-lamp signs.
- Install lighting occupancy sensors that automatically turn lights on or off, depending on occupancy. These sensors work well in areas such as conference rooms, break rooms or individual offices that are not occupied continuously.
- Take advantage of natural daylight: turn off or dim electric lighting when adequate sunlight is available to illuminate interior space.
- Ensure outdoor lighting is off during daytime.
- Make sure bulbs, fixtures, lenses, lamps, and reflective surfaces are cleaned regularly. By removing grease, dust, and other dirt you can increase the output of your lights.
InvestSmart = A Smart Investment
Make energy-efficiency upgrades and get rebates for them. It’s a Win-win!